We are Re-Branding from Health Essence Clinical Massage!!!
Therapeutic bodywork is something that I, Esi, of Health Essence Clinical Massage in Falls Church is passionate about, and I dedicate myself to my clients. By applying functional nutrition therapy, intuitive massage, and individualized attention, you will start to notice the difference in the way you feel and the energy you have. My mission is to give you resources and a clinical massage experience that gets results. I put your health and wellness first. If you want to learn more about my services and what they entail, I welcome you to call to learn more about how I can assist you,
Please, continue reading to learn how I got here.
As a child growing up in Africa in the 60's, healthcare, as we know it in America, is non-existing. As a kid, I watched my grandfather suffer from diabetic complications. Wounds on his feet, not able to walk, or enjoy the foods he loved. I watch him slowly die in pain. He did not deserve to die like that.
And for me, I suffered for over 20 years from whiplash injury to my neck. While in Africa, I was rear-ended and sustained serious damage to my neck. I felt no pain for years to come.
Without any injury the neck pain started. I was constantly depressed and in pain. Not knowing what I was dealing with I started taking 1000 mg of Aleve for pain relief.
Then, one day, a good friend of mine honestly told me that I will destroy my liver and stomach if I continue taking that pain killer. I listened to her and since then I have been on this hero’s journey to seek the best natural pain relieve for myself and my family.
As a result of this work, I work remotely with my mother, who turned 80 years old this year, manage her diabetes with traditional food and bodywork. This is the work I bring to my practice. I look forward to sharing that work with you.
I am a graduate of Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA) clinical massage program and licensed and certified by the Virginia State Department of Nursing to provide massage and bodywork.
I am a bodywork therapist with more than 10 years work experience and over 1000 hours of college/professional training, seminars and workshops in modalities such as Inge Dougans Reflexology; Medical Massage therapy; manual lymphatic drainage; Lypossage (deep lymphatic drainage and fat detoxification massage); European Osteopathic technique (Biodynamic Craniosacral therapy); Myoskeletal Alignment Therapy (Eric Dalton); Connective tissue massage; Oncology massage; Fertility massage; pregnancy massage, and Functional Nutrition.
I have always been interested and passionate about human nutrition. As such, I am certified by the Nutrition Therapy Association as a nutrition therapy practitioner and trained with functional nutritionist Andrea Nakayama as a functional nutrition and lifestyle practitioner. These training helps me horn in on what else does, other than bodywork, the body needs to ease the pain.
Please understand that my passion is on whole body wellness. While I use massage as a primary means of body balance or pain reliever, I also discuss the need to incorporate functional nutrition to support the body.
So, as we focus on massage to bring about muscle release, I would also like you to consider the possibility of adding nutritional therapy to your treatment plan if necessary.
Consider me, a massage specialist, as one of your healthcare team member.
- NBCR- Reflexology, 2-year professional program, Int. School of Reflexology and Meridian Therapy (ISRMT), Johannesburg, Rep. of South Africa, 2006.
- RBCST- Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy Professional 3- year program, The Wellness Institute, June 2012.
- CMT, LMT - Clinical / Medical Massage program, Northern Virginia Community College (NVCC), VA., 2013.
- Certificate Personal Trainer Program, NVCC, Annandale Campus, VA. May, 2014.
Advanced Massage Training:
- Spinal Reflex Therapy training, Dr. Frank Jarrell, Spinal Reflex Analysis, Advance training. February 2013
- Certified Myoskeletal Alignment Specialist, Dr. Eric Dalton, Freedom from Pain Institute
- Posture and Pain Specialist - Costa Rica, December 2013 - February 2014.
- Upper Body Specialist - May 2014
- Lower Body Specialist - June 2014
- Posture, Pain, and Performance - Oklahoma City, June 2014
- Bowenwork Therapy training, USA. Vicki Mechner - October 2013 - April 2014.
- Certified Pre- Labor & Post Natal / Pregnancy Massage, Claire Marie Miller Inc. - July 2014
- Myofascial Release Therapy - John Barnes, - Oct. 2014; March 2015
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage - Dr. C. W. Jordan, May 2015
- Orthopedic Massage- Dr. Ben Benjamin, May 2015 May 2016
- Lypossage - Mercedes Jordan, April 2016
- Connective Tissue Massage - John Latz, July 2016
- Nutrition Therapy- Nutrition Therapy Association, Nov 2016
- Metamorphosis - Cindy Siverlock, May 2017
- Functional Nutrition - Andrea Nakayama, December 2017
- Fertility Massage - Claire Marie Miller Inc. - June 2018
- Oncology Massage - Tracy Walton & Associate, June 2018
- Ongoing Oncology Nutrition - Dr. Nalini Chiokow
Come experience Deep Tissue work without Pain!
- I am a proud member of the American Reflexology Certification Board (ARCB) and Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy Association of America (BCSTA).